Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Shattered Arm

Shattered Arm
                I was in P.E. class practicing volleyball. It was in 7th grade and our teacher had gone to the rest room for a while. It’s hard to believe but I was a lot more immature and menace in those days. When the teacher had left the class it was an excellent opportunity for goofing off. I thought it would be a great idea and we would have a lot of fun laughing if I grabbed the volleyball with my hands, sneaked up behind my friend Matias and kicked the volleyball with all my might in his bottom.
                Things didn’t turn out how I expected them to. My aim was totally off and accidently hit his arm. I had kicked the ball so hard that the impact actually broke Matias’ arm. At first I thought he was joking because how could volleyball break someone’s arm? But as soon as I realized he was really crying and everyone in the class came up to him to check if he was alright I realized what a bad decision I had taken.  I felt really bad because when he was in pain and though he was joking I was making fun of him.
I learned many lessons that day. One of the most important ones was that I’m not supposed to mess around in class. Even though I learned this I don’t know why I still keep messing around in class. I obviously reduced the amount of immaturities I do in classes and also their intensity. I got really scared and will probably never do something like that ever again.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment